Sunday, October 25, 2009

Here we come Peru

This is the organization that we are going to be volunteering for in southern Peru:

http://casahogarlosgorriones.org/english/fotos.php
This is just a short update... We have been in Columbia for a couple day now and it is completely gorgeous and tropical, even in the mountains. The food is way better here and surprisingly the people are wonderful. Erika and I have felt completely safe as we have been here.

We got to get a tour on a coffee plantation which was so amazing, and I feel like I can officially be a coffee snob. We even got coffee certificates. Nerdy, maybe.

So, yesterday we got a response from an orphanage in Peru that we emailed and decided to not go up to the Carribean anymore, but rather hurry down to Peru to finally do what we have been seeking after. The position looks amazing and it is right up our alley. The next couple of days we are going to be in buses treking our way down through three countries. Pray for safe roads, smart drivers, not cramped legs, and non crazed minds.

Love

2 comments:

  1. Stacie! Awesome... keep the posts coming.. know that you are in my prayers!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so excited for you two. I can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete